I have to admit I'm highly disappointed in A Band In Hope.
I was expecting to fall in love with it like I did with Decomposer.
And that obviously didn't happen.
Hence the disappointment.
I also expected to love it because I loved the single Wake the Sun.
The first three songs started off great and I thought "This has to be just as good, if not better than the last record!"
AM Tilts, Their City, and Wake the Sun.
Then suddenly the recorded just gets immensely slow.
Which is not something I expected from The Matches.
I mean they have a tendency to keep it up beat, with a few slower songs.
But even the slower songs on past records were amazing.
Oh and just to say, the clapping at the beginning of Future Tense reminded my WAY to much of Night Drive by the All-American Rejects.
I don't know
Maybe I just haven't given the record a good enough listen.
I think I got to hooked on Decomposer to even process another record.
Going through the songs as I write this I can see it's not really that slow.
I think it's the fact that slower songs are so close together, while on Decomposer they were more spread out.
Alright so I lied.
It's not so bad, I guess.
I'll give it another try and get back to you.
Twitter Updates
I met a boy. Prepare to shatter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment